Monday 24 October 2016

1 - FUNERALS ARE FOR DANCING - An Introduction

There is a book inside of me I've been carrying around for a few decades.  It needs to come out!  For my lifestyle and age, (I turned 73 in August) I've decided to blog it, one chapter at a time. 

Much of the story is already written but, like a lot of writers, I work best with a deadline.  This self-imposed deadline is what's needed to get me off my keyster and onto the keyboard.  Now, doesn't that bring an odd picture to mind?  

Speaking of pictures, photos will be sprinkled in where appropriate.  That, because of the expense, could not be done in a published edition.    

My plan is to clean up at least two chapters a week for posting while adding chapters on to the story for future posting.  Next to be posted will be my Table of Contents which, as mentioned, will be a work in progress.  So, for those who like to see what's coming up, you might want to check in from time to time with said Table.   

Because I see my life in movie scenes, I'd like this to be fairly interactive so, with that in mind, I'll be posting links wherever possible to songs of my life and for any partial Writings I've quoted.

Thanks go to a publisher who has shown interest in seeing my completed manuscript but somehow, I just cannot seem to get it together for you.  Could it be fear of rejection?  Hopefully, my story will unveil much of my inner being to all of us.  

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment